Simply opening up this white blank page to type feels good.
I must admit, before I decided to part ways with this space for a while, I was feeling a little dry. Writing was beginning to feel a little chore-like.
But now (after an incredibly refreshing break) I’m dripping with enthusiasm, soaked full of inspiration. My ideas bank has been rebooted. I can feel the words busily brewing within.
By-goly-gosh it’s good to be back.
So what have I been up to?
What I have got planned?
It’s time for a quick catch up, I think.
While I was gone I….
- Jumped out of a plane
- Had a birthday (22!)
- Spent two glorious weeks in Bali ( Blog series Coming Soon!)
- Read “Gone Girl” in under 24 hours
- Became addicted to Abraham
- Started a new little juice bar job
- Filled 2+ journals full of (sometimes soulful, sometimes silly, sometimes senseless) scribbles.
- Got a pretty awesome sun-kissed glow
And after all that LIVING, I now find myself swimming in a deep, intense ocean of inspiration. The waters are super clear. And I’m ready to take action. Inspired action that is.
(Very important side note: Never act out of need, pressure or so-called “necessity”. Inspired action, that which excites and stirs your very soul, is the only aciton ever worth taking).
So let’s dive into what this “inspired-action-o’-mine” is going to look like.
A New Direction
I’m a people watcher, a very keen observer of the world, and as of late something BIG has been drawn to my attention.
It’s a (not-so-little) something I like to call “The Void”.
- That overwhelming sense of emptiness within,
- That deep yearning for “more”,
- That palpable sense of unhappiness, disillusionment, discontentment that we as human beings often experience at one point or another.
And it’s fucking plaguing young women!
I can feel it, taste it, sense it growing uncontrollably all around me.What I see is a whole lot of 20-something year olds who should really be entering into a time of excitement, adventure and exploration yet seem to be feeling nothing but detachment, unworthiness, comparison and fear.
What’s even scarier is this. Everywhere I turn I witness beautiful young ladies desperately trying to fill said “void” with the only tools they know of – sex, drugs, alcohol, relationships, food and their body image.
This frustrates the hell out of me. But what’s even more disheartenting (and my second BIG observation) is the lack of alternative “void-filling” tools being advocated out there. Although sub-consciously these women know the drinking, the drugs and the casual sex is only serving to deepen the void and intensify the emptiness, there doesn’t appear to be any other appealing options.
There is very little support that comprehensively, sensitively and un-intimidating-ly guides young women from frazzled and fearful to free and flourishing without suggesting they all become Sober Sally’s and start living off green juice and toting crystals.*
*Although that’s definitely a possible path and in fact the one I took!
And there, my friends, lies the pretty damn big gap which I’ve observed in both the blogging and real-world arenas. There are few avenues young women can turn to to help them realise their potential, their infinite inner well of energy, without them feeling like they have to subscribe to a specific diet/ way of life/ routine/ belief system.
This has gotta change!
So as 20-something year old who only 18 months ago was deeply swept up in “the void”, yet has now successfully surfaced, I’m feeling pretty driven to share my story (Which goes a little something like this, this and this).
My message is a BIGGIE: “The Void” is an illusion.
My mission is simple: To guide women to rediscover their inner substance and remind them of the simple truth…
You are already FULL.
So what can you expect?
- Blog posts
- I’m simplifying and toning back the “woo-woo” (for a little while a least) in an attempt to serve those that may be experiencing their first foray into the land of spirituality, self-inquiry and self-love.
- There will be more of a focus on “real world” stuff. Like this, this and this.
- I’m upping the “calls to action”. The balls gonna be landing on your side of the court more.
- Workshops/ Events
- I’ve decided in the flesh, face-to-face kinda connection is where it’s at for 2015.
- Workshops helping reintroduce women to their inner power and take control of their existence. Think: A 20-something’s guide to single-dom, (semi) sobriety and spirituality.
- Brisbane/ Gold Coast Babes keep your eyes peeled for details coming soon!
- Bali Travel series
- It was only a short trip, but with her sights, smells and many, many, many paradoxes, Bali had me twisted around her little finger. I’ve got a whole lot to say about this island, so will be devoting a few extra special posts to her straight up.
So now I’ve got that all out, I’ve only got one last thing to say.
If this new direction o’ mine resonates with you I’m so excited to have you aboard. However if ya not feelin’ it, I lovingly send you on your way. Don’t stick around here out of obligation! (But please know, you’re welcome back any time!).
Now here’s to inspired action.
Let’s. Do. This.